Our Life In A Shoe

My name is Maclaine. Yes, that's my first name.

Name:
Location: DFW, Texas

Friday, January 26, 2007

Splurge

I haven't had a functioning camera (other than a disposable) for about 3 months now. It was killing me. So after a budget check, I splurged today. While our previous Cannon PowerShot Elph S100 (yes, that's 2.1 mp) was great in it's day when Michael and I got it as a birthday present almost 6 years ago, there have been improvements in technology. While I'm sad it's gone, I'm super excited to have this new one.

I like that it's bigger. I really don't get this age of smaller, smaller, smaller. I like to hold my phone with my shoulder and I like my camera big enough that I can get more than 2 fingers from each hand on it.

I like that I don't have the leeennnggggtttthhhhy pause between when I push the button and when the picture is taken and then again before I can take the next picture. I'm sure Alissa knows the technical term for it but I just call it annoying. This camera still has a little pause but its a gigantic improvement over what we had.

I like that it can take AA batteries. It can take rechargable and batteries made for electronics are better but coming from a special (expensive) recharge only battery that was a pain in the rear on vacations, camping, etc. I'm calling this a selling feature.

And finally, I like the zoom. When coupled with the action shot feature, I'm giddy for Kate's basketball game tomorrow and even more excited for spring football to start in 2 weeks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Alissa said...

the term you're looking for is: shutter lag.

:D

also, yay for new cameras! enjoy!

January 27, 2007 10:07 AM  
Blogger Chellie said...

Very cool! Glad you got a camera you enjoy. I love technology and cameras... there is one for everyone!

January 27, 2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Fun! Can't wait to see how it takes pictures!

January 28, 2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger Amy Pennington said...

Can't wait to see pictures from this fabulous piece of machinery.
it looks awesome!

February 05, 2007 6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home