Our Life In A Shoe

My name is Maclaine. Yes, that's my first name.

Name:
Location: DFW, Texas

Sunday, December 17, 2006

James Warren 2/7/77-12/17/03

Today, it's been 3 years since you left us. Three years since your body just couldn't fight any longer. You were so full of hope that morning before you went into surgery. Excited that you were going to get a new start. Things didn't happen the way that we hoped. You weren't done here. We weren't done with you. Especially when we are together as a family, there is a gaping hole where you should be. It makes me sad, and a little angry, that you are gone but I bite my tongue because I know that as much as I miss you, Michael, Di, Margaret and Doris miss you more.

To help myself feel better, I allow myself to believe that my dreams for you are true. That your heart is healed. That your body doesn't betray you. That you are up there doing your Chris Farley impressions and that you have great people to talk politics with. That you are with your father. That you are surrounded by love.

I miss you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of somebody precious to you.

December 19, 2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger QueenMeadow said...

((hugs))

December 21, 2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

hugs. I was thinking that the date was around this time. big hugs!

December 22, 2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hugs to you. From all you've said he sounds like a fabulous man.

December 25, 2006 3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home