Our Life In A Shoe

My name is Maclaine. Yes, that's my first name.

Name:
Location: DFW, Texas

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Do They Know It's Christmas

Still love this song. I distinctly remember the Christmas Eve of my 8th grade year sitting in my room playing my tape of this song over and over and crying that the people in Africa wouldn't have a Christmas. The hormones were flowing and the teenage angst was on high.

Now, I have to wonder...Do they know it's Christmas?? I mean seriously. How much of the population of Africa is Christian? I could be wrong but the Africa I see on tv doesn't have mega malls and mass marketing.

In all seriousness, I do understand that the minds that put this together were trying to remind us that we are a blessed people and that a little selflessness can do a lot of good. I love the unity of this song. Enjoy!

(ps - did anyone else notice that someone is smoking at about 3:01? Boy, how times have changed!! lol)

7 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I enjoy that song as well. The video made me snort smoothie out my nose. The mullets, the perms, the dark eyeliner, the trenchcoats, the pink hair. ROFL.

December 23, 2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger sheri said...

rofl!
thanks for that

December 23, 2006 9:09 PM  
Blogger QueenMeadow said...

I love that song and was blissfully unaware at how old it was. Oh the memories of the hair and clothes, hehehehe.

December 24, 2006 3:53 PM  
Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Remember my rant about this song last year? Of course there won't be snow in Africa! It's freaking summer there! Duh!

Merry Christmas, Clainey!

December 25, 2006 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good times. noodle salad.

and yes. someone definitely smoking at about 2:57

also, i only recognize boy george, bono and sting. (is phil collins in there?) who are the rest? what? i'm too young?!!! shut up!

December 26, 2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger ~V~ said...

Oh I the memories! I knew pretty much every singer...is the sad? Too much time on my hands in the 80s.
I hope your Christmas was blissful and very merry!
Happy new year!

December 28, 2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger Amy Pennington said...

this is by far my most favorite non traditional christmas song.
I have such great memeories of my brother and family to this song..we are total 80's junkies.

January 24, 2007 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home