Our Life In A Shoe

My name is Maclaine. Yes, that's my first name.

Name:
Location: DFW, Texas

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tis the Season

to run yourself ragged. We're in the holiday sprint. I really don't have the courage to sit down and make a list for fear that I don't have enough hours in the day to accomplish it all. Instead, I've locked myself in at panic mode and I'm cramming everything I can into each day. If things go well, I'll get everything done and have a few minutes to sit and rest...in January.

Tonight
  • make 4 different batches of cookies for Enrichment tomorrow
  • assemble the gingerbread house and wrap the presents to put inside
  • make the dough for the cookies for Kate's class
  • wrap white elephant gift for Enrichment

Tomorrow

  • drop off a care package for some friends of our's with a very sick daughter
  • buy 70 candy canes, 210 pieces of chocolate and 70 celophane bags for Matthew's class treat - also need cherries, sprite, Twizlers, plates and cups for this party
  • frost 24 cupcakes and assemble pieces to make them look like ornaments
  • frost 48 cookies to look like polka dot mittens for Kate's party
  • pick up Kate and Matthew at school (early dismissal) at 1:30, race 30 min away to preschool to pick up Carter and Jake who get out at 2:15 and somehow magically pick up Andrew at his school 20 minutes away also at 2:15
  • make Hot Cocoa Puffs with Kate
  • go to Enrichment and do my good boardly duties
  • assemble Matthew's treat bags
  • wrap a gift for Kate's Achievement Day party
  • get to the post office

On Friday, I'm attempting to take pictures Christmas card worthy of all my kids before my big kids leave for their father's house.

Jake's Holiday Tips:

1. Transform your parent's room into a winter wonderland for them. Get up in the middle of the night. Drag the 24 pack of toilet paper into their room. Rip the rolls into teeny tiny pieces and then throw around the room.

2. Homes should smell festive during the holidays. Climb to where the spices are stored. Rubbermaid totes work nicely as ladders. Get the brand new bottle of peppermint extract and pour it all over the counter and stove. Try to get some in the small gap between where the counter ends and the stove starts. You will feel like you are trapped in a candy cane even in the farthest reaches of your house. If you rub it on the burners, your mom will get a special treat when she turns on the stove.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've said this before. i love it when you post. the joy i feel is unmatched. especially when i try to imagine jake dumping peppermint everywhere. love that kid.

December 14, 2006 1:09 PM  
Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I've missed you!

XOXOXO

Jake makes me PIMP!

December 15, 2006 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home