Our Life In A Shoe

My name is Maclaine. Yes, that's my first name.

Name:
Location: DFW, Texas

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Back on the bike...

I can't seem to get over my blog slump. I'm not sure what my deal is, but in an effort to get over it, I'm just going to throw some (not interesting or entertaining) stuff out there.

  1. I'm reading Anna Karenina. It's a freaking long book. In and of itself, that is not a bad thing but I've had a difficult time getting into the Anna/Alexy/Vronsky story. It was just getting in the way of me wondering what would happen with Levin and Kitty. Well, here I am on page 384 of 736 and I hear the angels sing! Alexy has found forgiveness and I love him. I connect to him and I can't wait to find out what happens to him. Anna? Vronsky? Eh. They are human. Stuff happens but I'm just not all that into them. I'm drawn in more and more by the Levin/Kitty story with every page. I love a good mushy story. Ahhh...twitterpated.
  2. I've never really been much of a fan of American Idol. I watched a little bit of the first season. I've watched 5-10 min. here and there of the seasons since. I like music but I've never really been the throw-my-panties-onstage kind of fan. Maybe that's it? Last week(ish, I have little concept of passing time), the try outs were on in the background and I was half-heartedly watching pieces. I'm sure it's on there for people's amusement but I found myself getting more and more disgusted. These people come to try out and put their hearts and self-worth into it. No one deserves to be told they look like a monkey on national tv. This is just wrong.
  3. It makes the hours spent helping with science fair projects so much more worth it when your child places. Out of 6 science fair projects, we've placed in 3 with one still to be determined. I go pretty far with a pat on the head. Oh yeah, and the kids like it too.
  4. There's still a Christmas tree up in my kids' room.
  5. I can't seem to figure out what to do with my time when all my kids are at their respective schools. It's only 2 days. 12 hours/week. It reminds me of when I was first separated and the kids would go to David's for the weekend. I'd wander the house. Restless and unable to focus. What do you do with yourself when you can get in the car without helping someone with their belt? How do you potty without an audience? Apparently, it isn't taking down a Christmas tree.
  6. Kate is kicking some butt at basketball. Literally. She doesn't seem to get the message that it's not a full contact sport. Fortunately, she's only had a few fouls this year but she definately falls into the aggressive catagory which makes me giggle a little since she is quiet and reserved most of the time. Her team is undefeated and she's had a big role in that. She scored the game winning basket with 2 seconds on the clock. The final was 12-10. I predict that she will grow up and invent a sport called basketrugby.
  7. RPR - Simply Sleep from the makers of Tylenol (tm?) My sleep is so screwed up - I feel like a newborn. The problem is that anything that helps me get to sleep also leaves me hungover. I've always had problems with pain killers and sleeping pills. It's just not worth taking something if you are going to feel like crap anyway the next day. I believe this is a new product (at least new to me) and I am singing it's praises!! Totally helped me go to sleep, but not in a falling-over-in-less-than-5-minutes way and absolutely no hangover at all. 2 thumbs (or eyelids) way up for me on this one.

5 Comments:

Blogger QueenMeadow said...

I love hearing from you, doesn't have to be exciting, just about you and yours :)

Too funny about basketrugby, I bet tons of people would love that ;)

January 25, 2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I'll have to let my mom know about Simply Sleep...or maybe I should have her come live with us until our soon to be new baby starts sleeping through the night :-)

January 25, 2007 1:19 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

Go Kate way to be aggressive! That is THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY! Seriously I fouled out almost every game!!! LOVE IT!
Glad you blogged!!

January 25, 2007 3:26 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

I'm going to have to try that simply sleep. I could never do Anna Karina. You are brave!

January 26, 2007 7:16 AM  
Blogger Shelah said...

Anna Karenina is great as long as you're ok with skipping th boring parts. Glad to see you back on the bike!

January 26, 2007 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home