Our Life In A Shoe

My name is Maclaine. Yes, that's my first name.

Name:
Location: DFW, Texas

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Drinkin' Draino

I haven't had the opportunity to enjoy strep as an adult. I think I thought I might have, but I was very, very wrong. It suu-ucks in a 1/2 a bottle of vicodin hasn't touched the pain kinda way. When I went to the urgent care last night (there was no way to make it to my 10am dr appt today), they told me that it would be about 4 hours and that I could go home and they would call me when it was my turn. Then, she witnessed me attempting to swallow. They had me back in a room with a q-tip down my throat in about 5 min. JOY! Please pray that it ends with me?

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy Pennington said...

ickkkkkk! I am so sorry youa re sick:(
get better soon!

February 06, 2007 12:35 PM  
Blogger Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Oh man! I've had strep like 3 times in the last year and it is MUCH worse than I remember it being when I was a kid.

February 06, 2007 1:00 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I'm sorry! That does su-uck. And I guess I forgive you for missing chattin' last night.

February 07, 2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger sheri said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you're so sick! How are you doing today?

February 07, 2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh No!! Seriously, that sucks BIG time! I had a sinus infection, strep, and an ear infection all at the same time a few weeks ago. I SO feel your pain! It was miserable and Urgent Care prescribed me some coctail that would make my throat feel better. The pharmacist laughed and said I could make it with over the counter ingredients... and that my insurance wouldn't cover the $27 bill (that's one heck of a coctail!). Ya know what it was? Equal parts liquid benadryl, lidocaine and pepto bismol. I bought it (not my own concotion, but the one my insurance didn't cover). Guess what? It tasted like %^&*. The worst part was that my mouth and stomach were numb - but my throat still hurt. Go figure!

Get better so you can go crop this weekend! So bummed that I'm missing out!

February 08, 2007 12:29 PM  
Blogger QueenMeadow said...

I hope you are feeling better!

February 09, 2007 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home